Public Information for People from Outside Mainland China
People coming from outside Mainland China including aliens , overseas Chinese and residents from Hong Kong , Macao and Taiwan , should , upon arrival in Guangzhou, observe the following regula-tions and rules for the purpose of protect-ing your life and property. Those regula-tions and rules are taken from Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Ex-it of Aliens and Rules governing the Imple-mentation of the aforementioned law, the Provisional Regulations governing Chinese Citizens'traveling to Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR on Private purposes , and the Regulations of Chinese Citizens traveling to Taiwan Area.
1. Aliens holding visas D,Z,X or J-1 shall , within 30 days of entry into China ,obtain Aliens'residence certificates from the Department of Entry and Exit Adminis-tration of Guangzhou Public Security Bu-reau.
Aliens who seek employment in Guangzhou , shall enter China by holding visa Z, and shall obtain Aliens'Work Permits from the Guangzhou Labor and Social Security Bureau and obtain Aliens'residence certificates afterwards.
2. Aliens having residence certificates in China who wish to lodge temporarily elsewhere than their own residence , shall report and register accommodation to the local police station or the authorized reg-istration center in accordance with the provision of Article 29,30 and 31 of the Rules governing the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Entry and Exit of Aliens.
3. Aliens who need to prolong their stay or residence in China beyond the expiration of their visas or residence certificates shall apply for an extension before the ex-piration of their visas or residence to the Department of Entry and Exit Administration of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau.
4. Taiwan residence who seek employment in Guangzhou , are required to apply for residence and multiple entries to Department of Entry and Exit Administration of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau.
5. Any person coming from outside Main-land China who wish to lodge at the home of a Chinese resident in Guangzhou , shall within 24 hours of arrival (72 hours in ru-ral areas ), report and register accommoda-tion to the local police station or the au-thorized registration center.
6. Aliens at the age of 16 and upwards who reside or stay in Guangzhou shall carry with them their residence certificates or passports for possible examination by po-lice.
7. People from outside Mainland China can drive only after they obtain their Chi-nese driving licenses in accordance with the Regulation of People's republic of China on driving licenses of motor vehicles.
8. People from outside Mainland China who violate the aforementioned regulations, may be served a warning , fines, detention, departure within a specified time or depor-tation, and those whose offenses are serious enough to constitute a crime shall be pros-ecuted for their criminal responsibilities according to law.
9. When an alien infant is born in Guangzhou , the parents or their agent shall, within one month after his birth, re-port to the Department of Entry and Exit Administration of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau with the birth certificate, the copies of the parents passport or identifi-cation and complete registration procedures.
10. In case of any lost or stolen of passport, traveling document or residence certificate, you should immediately report to the local police station where the lost or stolen happened. Besides, aliens shall report to the Department of Entry and Exit Administration of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau with police report from the local police station.
11. Please dial 110 to report to the police if you have a dangerous encounter in Guangzhou.
The Department of Entry and Exit Adminis-tration of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau
Add. No155 jie Fang Nan Lu ,Guangzhou
Office Tel :83115800
Office fax: 83383740
The Guangzhou Labor & Social Security Burear
Add. Rm 1507 No.148 Dong Hua Nan Lu ,Guangzhou
Health Care Center of Guangzhou Inter-national Travel
Add. No. 207 Long Kou Xi ,Tian He Bei Lu,Guangzhou
Tel: 38259300 38259309